Cheesy Meatball Soup Recipe
With meat, potatoes and other vegetables, this rich-tasting soup is really a meal in one. Process cheese sauce makes it taste like a cheeseburger. I serve this soup with a nice crusty loaf of French bread. - Ione Sander, Carlton, Minnesota
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) process cheese sauce
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain. Add the water, celery, corn, potatoes, carrot, onion, bouillon and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Stir in the cheese sauce; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Meatball Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p149
Reviews for Cheesy Meatball Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010
I've made this quite a few times and loved it! I was hesitant at first with the cheese, but it's yummy!