Cheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed or 3-1/3 cups fresh corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large serving bowl, combine tortellini mixture and remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese Tortellini with Tomatoes and Corn(22)
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe. I always use fresh corn and put it on the grill until I get some nice grill marks. Then I cut it off the cob and add it to the other ingredients. It's become a summer favorite.
Summer fresh and very delicious!
Yummy! And, you know something...the Bertolli dry tortellini (found in the dry pasta section at your grocery store) is really delicious, especially with the spinach in it. I like it better than the refrigerated cheese tortellini. I think the quality of pasta used in this dish makes the difference. Fresh corn is the best, and even sometimes just making it a day in advance and letting the flavors blend overnight make a difference.
I followed another reviewer's advice and sauteed (for about 5 minutes), fresh corn in olive oil with some minced fresh garlic. I cooled everything down before putting together. It did call for some extra salt and pepper, but is a really great dish.
This is my go-to pasta salad recipe - love it! The flavors blend together so nicely. I skip the garlic powder (I don't care for the "fake" flavor) as I think it is overwhelming, and just add a little salt. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >