This soup is a staple at our house. It's easy, fast, nutritious and so yummy! —Sandy Smith, London, Ontario
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the onion, carrots and celery in butter for 3 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in 2-3/4 cups milk, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Broccoli Soup in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p23
Reviews for Carrot Broccoli Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review