- ESPRESSO SPREAD:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine the spread ingredients; cover and process until well blended. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved. Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm with espresso spread. Yield: about 14 muffins (3/4 cup spread).
Reviews for Cappuccino Muffins
"Dense but good taste"
"Easy to make quite dense. I gave it 4 stars cuz it doesn't taste like coffee atall..more like cinnamon cupcakes....next time if I make these will reduce cinnamon to half a tsp, perhaps add cappuccino powder instead of coffee granules.....glaze was ok...I used a tbsp or two of honey to sweeten the glaze to my liking....it gave a touch of coffee flavouring to the cupcakes....these r better next day...my 8 yr old loves coffee flavour but didn't go any where near these ....I think it needs coffee bits instead of chocolate chips to truly enhance its cappuccino flavor."
"This recipe is ridiculously simple and easy to make with regular store cupboard ingredients. Tasted AMAZING!"
"Very yummy! The only change I made was I used 1/4 C applesauce and 1/4 C butter. They were very moist and tasty. This is one of the recipes my family requests the most! Thanks for sharing!"
"Nice flavor , dense, we thought they were slightly dry, but the cream cheese spread "fixed" that."
"I made these today with all whole wheat flour (reduced the amount by about 2 Tbsp.) and added a second egg. They are still very good."
"Very good! Next time I think I'll add more coffee."
"The muffins were dense but delicious. They tasted more like chocolate chip muffins. We enjoyed the espresso spread. It is also good on toasted bagels. Thanks for sharing."
"We all loved this! I hope to make them again! They have an amazing flavor and texture!"
"I don't understand all the five stars this recipe has gotten. I thought it was just ok and not very moist. The spread was bitter and I had to modify it with, of all things, hot cocoa mix.. I was disappointed because it has all my favorite things in it, cream cheese, butter, coffee, and chocolate!"