A variety of vegetables makes this delicious casserole a hit with everyone. I team up generous servings with garlic bread and a tossed salad.—Rose Kostynuik, Calgary, Alberta
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a roasting pan, combine broth and rice; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to rice. Stir in the vegetables, salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Rice Dish in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p196
Reviews for Cajun Rice Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review