- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a roasting pan, combine broth and rice; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to rice. Stir in the vegetables, salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Rice Dish
Sort By :
"This was really good. I added 1 cup of the corn and peas since my family is big on the veggies. Will do this one again."
"Its really good with a few changes. I used brown rice (it takes longer to cook) and 1 TBSP creole seasoning. Try Emerill's Essence."
"I have the cook book this came from, and decided to try this last night since I had all the ingredients.My first clue that this wasn't a real "cajun" dish was the lack of the "trinity" - onions, celery and green peppers. However, I didn't have any green peppers either, so went according to the recipe.Once baked, the dish was very bland. I ended up nearly tripling the amount of cajun seasoning called for, in order to get some flavor going. I ended up topping it with shredded cheddar cheese to try to do something to give it more flavor, too.It's still fairly bland, but edible. The rest of the leftovers will get some Louisiana Hot Sauce in them. There are a lot of good veggies in this, but it just didn't cut it for us. If you do try it, I would highly recommend adding diced green peppers, and a can or 2 of diced tomatoes would probably help as well."
"looks better in cookbook picture in my documents"
"ADD CHEESE ON TOP"