Cajun Corn Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen corn
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper and green onions in oil for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and cook until bubbly. Gradually add water; bring to a boil. Add the corn, sausage, ham, tomatoes, tomato paste, cayenne, salt and pepper sauce.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Corn Soup in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p35
Reviews for Cajun Corn Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2011
It seemed like it needed much more water, particularly to get 12-14 servings. I used about 5 cups.