- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a stockpot, cook the cabbage, celery and onion in water until tender. Add bouillon, salt, pepper, beef and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and ketchup; simmer another 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
Reviews for Cabbage Soup
Sort By :
I left out the meat and it was still incredibly delicious. Lots of flavor and healthy!
Loved this soup! I added pesto to the broth, and it added lots of flavor.
easy to make , nice flavors
Our favorite soup!
Simmered this on the stove while we went out to shovel. Had a cup when we got in. Fantastic!!! It's a keeper! Didn't use the ketchup because we don't use it. I also put in some cut up carrot. Next time, I will use a glug of red wine vinegar to get a little sweet/sour/hot....