Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a stockpot, cook the cabbage, celery and onion in water until tender. Add bouillon, salt, pepper, beef and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and ketchup; simmer another 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
Reviews for Cabbage Soup(18)
Sort By :
easy to make , nice flavors
Our favorite soup!
Simmered this on the stove while we went out to shovel. Had a cup when we got in. Fantastic!!! It's a keeper! Didn't use the ketchup because we don't use it. I also put in some cut up carrot. Next time, I will use a glug of red wine vinegar to get a little sweet/sour/hot....
I made this ,it was good,next time I will cut down on the pepper,and leave out the brown sugar
Very tasty soup and a very good recipe for anyone who is calorie, fat and/or carb conscious. I followed the recipe as written; next time I will use only half of the pepper called for in the recipe. Even my husband, who loves pepper, said it was a little overpowering. The "heat" of the pepper goes away quickly but it was a little much for me. With that one modification, this recipe is another "keeper"!