Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a stockpot, cook the cabbage, celery and onion in water until tender. Add bouillon, salt, pepper, beef and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and ketchup; simmer another 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
Reviews for Cabbage Soup(11)
Sort By :
This was really good. I've never cooked with cabbage before so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. I did lower the amount of both salt & pepper I used.
As written only 3 star, due to the excessive amount of pepper! Thank goodness I only put in 1/2 the called amount! Holy hot!! Other than that it is great! I added carrots and my own stewed tomatoes too.
This soup is so good, but next time I make it, am using a spicy sausage with the ground beef and will use chunky tomatoes instead of all tomato sauce...maybe stewed tomatoes
This turned out very well. I used beef broth tha I has previously cooked from a soup bone. I thought I had meat in the freezer, but when I went to cook this soup, I found out I didn't so I made it without any meat. It was still filling. The only thing is that I think it needed more broth. I poured off the inital water after cooking the vegetables and maybe if I hadn't done that, there would have been enough broth. It did have a great flavor.
I am on the Atkins Diet and this delicious recipe fits the diet perfectly. I made it in my crockpot, so simple. thanks.