Butterscotch Cashew Bars Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2-1/2 cups salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with cashews; press down lightly. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Cashew Bars(5)
Sort By :
This recipe has become an annual Christmas Cookie for our family! We love the combination of butterscotch and cashews. It is also quick and easy to make!
If I recall correctly, I'd made this recipe when it came out & the results were delicious! Dawn E. Lowenstein
Warning, you'll like them tooooo much!
Since first seeing this recipe , I have made it 3 or 4 times, and it continues to be requested by my family and friends. I made it for a barbecue in the summer and I'm making it for Christmas.It is a great year round recipe...We all love them and they are not hard to make!
My husband and 2 teenage sons love, love, love this recipe. If your a fan of cashews, and who isn't, you will love these sweet and salty bars!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >