I knew these nutty bars were a success when I took them on our annual family vacation. My husband couldn't stop eating them...and my sister-in-law, who is a great cook, asked for the recipe. It makes a big batch, which is good, because they go quickly! —Lori Berg Wentzville, Missouri
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2-1/2 cups salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with cashews; press down lightly. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Cashew Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p29
Reviews for Butterscotch Cashew Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review