Butternut Squash Bake Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in squash (mixture will be thin).
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Butternut Squash Bake
Sort By :
"A friend's husband brought this to my dinner and I loved it. Even the grandkids and my son who hate squash loved it. I doubled the top."
"Amazing Amazing! We have used this since Taste of Home pulblished it! It's a family favorite, so much that this Thanksgiving I had to make 6 batches so family could take it home! It will turn the squash hater into a squash "I gotta have more" lover. Making this for years I've discovered the reason for the some times runny dishes, its all in how its drained. Drain all liquid off cooked squash, that way you will get an even custard consistency! And always use fresh squash or fresh that has been peeled and chopped then frozen. Best recipe by far!"
"My son actually liked it. 'Nuff said."
"Yummy! Mine was a little soupy, but that was probably some fault of mine. I used raisin bran for the cereal topping, was great! Will definatly make again and again!"
"Scrumptious. Made this for an early family Thanksgiving celebration and came home with an empty dish. Nobody missed the sweet potatoe casserole. This is so much lighter. Just delicious!I made a larger batch and used a deeper dish but would recommend using a shallow dish as it took significantly longer to bake. I'll definitely be making this again."