Burst o' Lemon Muffins Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon or vanilla yogurt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the yogurt, egg, butter, lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the coconut.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in coconut. Using a toothpick, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin. Spoon the coconut mixture over muffins. Serve warm or cool to room temperature. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Burst o' Lemon Muffins(4)
Sort By :
This recipe is a weekend breakfast staple in my house and it is my favorite muffin recipe. I always use a 6 ounce lemon yougurt because I have never found an 8 ounce. I just add a little milk to make sure it's not too dry. I have never had a bad result. Absolutely love them!
I followed the recipe exactly the first time I made these muffins, but decided to make a couple of changes for the second round. The second time I omitted the coconut because I felt it was a distraction from the delicate batter. Also I made a simple syrup by boiling 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water, then added 1/3 cup lemon juice after it cooled for a fresher, more lemon-y glaze.
My eight year-old said, "These are amazing!!!" My six year-old said, "I wish I could have a thousand of these!" :)
These are the yummiest muffins I've ever tasted. I added about a cup of fresh blueberries and a bit more lemon Greek yogurt because the batter was dry. They are AMAZING!!!!!