Blueberry Scones Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup milk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead in the blueberries.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into eight wedges. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews for Blueberry Scones
Sort By :
Tasty and easy to make. I like to pair blueberries with lemon so I added just a splash of lemon juice to the recipe.
ExcellentI used cinnamon sugar for the top and mixed frozen berries drained of the juice instead of plain blueberries . Family LOVED them.
I found this recipe via google search because I couldn't find the piece of paper (!) my regular recipe is written on. These are pretty good, but not as tasty as my regular recipe. I'll probably be going back to that one.
These are wonderful! Best I have had in a long time. I have tried baking scones before and never liked the outcome. I did tweak the recipe a bit though. Instead of using all milk I used 1/4c sour cream and 1/2 c milk ...I also added a hint of orange extract and cinnamon to the mix. The blueberries were interesting to fold in and kind of messy. But well worth it. When they came out of the oven I drizzled a powdered sugar/milk mixture on them while they were still hot and WOW. These are going to be great for gatherings.
The blueberry scones were great! It is a great breakfast or dessert. They are very simple to make and very tasty! I love scones, and these are the best scones I have ever had! My whole family loved them. I love baking, and this is a really great recipe to use! This is a keeper! Yum!