For a wonderful addition to your brunch menu, try these delicious muffins. The applesauce adds another layer of flavor which your guests will be trying to figure out what is that taste.—Katrina Shaner, Stronghurst, Illinois
- 3 cups Quick Muffin Mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine first three ingredients. In another bowl, beat the milk, eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p38
Reviews for Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review