Blueberry Loaf Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Loaf Cake
Sort By :
"added a pinch of salt, melted and cooled butter and added 1/4 c flour"
"Love Love love this. Was easy to make and was so good I made another one the next day"
"this was a big hit at my home, the topping make it a extra hit"
"Delicious. Very moist and easy to make. Just the right amount of sweetness."
"I found this to be very easy to make and great tasting. My only addition to the recipe was a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. That's just something passed down from my mom. I love this and it gets great reviews. Making my second loaf in a week!"