Blueberry Loaf Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Loaf Cake(6)
Sort By :
Delicious. Very moist and easy to make. Just the right amount of sweetness.
I found this to be very easy to make and great tasting. My only addition to the recipe was a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. That's just something passed down from my mom. I love this and it gets great reviews. Making my second loaf in a week!
followed recipe except I added 1/2 cup more blueberries only because I love a lot of berries in my recipes - Came out perfect everyone loved it ! Thank U
Made this the other day and was very disappointed. It tastes like there is something missing from the recipe. The only thing that gives this a two star rating is the fact that it is very moist. My hubby said it was "OK" and I think he was just being nice. I found several recipes that I liked better online but the ingredients were in metric and I was afraid to try converting them. After making this I wish I had tried one of those other recipes.
I first tried this recipe for a 4th of July party about 5 years ago. It turned out so well that I make it at least twice during the summer, for church bake sales, and for my father-in-law who requests it very often!