- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Arrange blueberries in a single layer over top; set aside.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in the remaining lemon peel. Carefully pour over blueberries.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Lemon Cake
Sort By :
I'm definitely going to make this because I love the combination of lemon and blueberries. I will add at least up to 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and reduce the grated lemon zest to less than 1 teaspoon. Believe me, lemon zest alone is not sufficient to give a good balance of lemon taste - besides, too much zest will simply make the cake taste artificial and bitter. And never, ever use bottled lemon juice, which always leaves a bitter aftertaste.
Not as tasty as I expected.
This was great! The lemon really brings out the blueberries, and it was really moist and decedent, especially with whipped cream! :)
wonderful....I would suggest putting a pan under the cake because the blueberries bubbled out in 2 of the corners.
it is in the oven now. I can't wait to try it. I waited till the blueberry's came in fresh for the summer.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >