- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 1-in.-thick rectangle. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place blueberries, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Roll each portion of dough between two sheets of plastic wrap into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Place one rectangle on a baking sheet; freeze until firm, 5-10 minutes. Place remaining rectangle in a greased 13x9-in. pan, pressing onto bottom and partway up sides. Add filling.
- Cut chilled rectangle into 1/2-in. strips; freeze 5-10 minutes to firm. Arrange strips over filling in crisscross fashion. If desired, press edges with a fork to seal strips. Bake until top crust is golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Lattice Bars
"Pretty good recipe. I used frozen blueberries bc it's winter and they are cheaper but next time I will use fresh and tart blueberries and I think I'll have a better, stronger tasting bar."
"I put some crunchy sugar crystals on the top! They looked so fancy!"
"Very good, cookie like dough. I rolled the dough out between two pieces of parchment, that made it much easier to handle. Would definitely make this again."
"Lhad to keep the lattice top really cold or it broke as I tried to weave."