Blueberry Lattice Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Roll two-thirds of the dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with filling. Roll out remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Lattice Bars
Sort By :
Pretty good recipe. I used frozen blueberries bc it's winter and they are cheaper but next time I will use fresh and tart blueberries and I think I'll have a better, stronger tasting bar.
I put some crunchy sugar crystals on the top! They looked so fancy!
Very good, cookie like dough. I rolled the dough out between two pieces of parchment, that made it much easier to handle. Would definitely make this again.
Lhad to keep the lattice top really cold or it broke as I tried to weave.