When you're short on time but long for cheesecake, try this fruity dessert. Ricotta and cream cheeses give every but the flavor of cheesecake but without the fuss. Instead of making individual servings, you could layer the ingredients in a glass serving bowl.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. stir in butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in ricotta cheese and lemon juice.
- Place 1/2 cup blueberries each in four dessert dishes. Top with cream cheese mixture, crumbs and remaining blueberries. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Graham Dessert in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p5
Reviews for Blueberry Graham Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review