Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice, oil and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves
Sort By :
"Simple and quick to make. A definite repeater. I used 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar and the recipe was still excellent. Thank you for a great recipe!"
"Wonderful!!! My granddaughter and I just made this recipe. We doubled it and made 14 muffins and one mini loaf. Can't eat just one???????"
"Excellent!! Very moist and delicious. I used regular whole wheat flour because I didn't have the pastry flour. Instead of mini loaf pans I used one 9x5x3" loaf pan. It took about 50 min. of baking time. Will definitely make this again. It freezes well. I used about 3/4 c. frozen blueberries and walnuts instead of pecans. YUMMY!!"
"I didn't have whole wheat pastry flour so I used regular whole wheat flour, less 2 Tblsp, replaced 1/8 cup of the oil with 1/8 cup applesauce. Turned out perfect. Great with yogurt and fruit for breakfast."
"My husband just brought home a huge container of blueberries and I had just seen this recipe, so I made it. This is a REALLY GOOD recipe. Easy to prepare. I think next time I will toast the pecans before I add them; that should put it over the top!"