Moist and packed with flavor, these healthful treats hit the spot. With subtle orange and blueberry flavor and hearty whole wheat flour, this bread recipe offers a delectable way to get your family going in the morning! —Heidi Lindsey, Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk egg, orange juice, oil and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Transfer to two 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p44
Reviews for Blueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review