Blond Brownies a la Mode Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- MAPLE CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the sauce, combine syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Cut brownies into squares; cut in half if desired.
- Place on dessert plates with a scoop of ice cream. Top with sauce; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Blond Brownies a la Mode
Sort By :
Good, but this is really more of a cake than a brownie. I was looking forward to something gooey and brownie-like and got a cake. It is good, but not what I was looking for.
Yummy I added chocolate chips
Great for church dinners
Liked the sauce but the blondies are too cake like not gooey like brownines....would use a different brownie recipe with the sauce.