Blarney Stones Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- Green food coloring, optional
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars, pudding mix and extracts until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add a few drops of green coloring if desired. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips and nuts (batter will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. 150 servings, 2 per serving. Yield: 25 dozen.
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Blarney Stones
"Everyone enjoyed these, especially the kids. The only problem I had was getting all of the chips to incorporate into the batter. Fun & tasty recipe for St. Pat's Day."
"These are addictive! I left out the walnuts because I thought it might be too many flavors going on. They got gobbled up fast! I like the idea of trying different flavors of pudding and baking chips too."
"A cookie that has become a St. Patrick's Day tradition. Everyone loves them, especially our grandchildren. For a little added sparkle and stoney look we dip the tops in raw sugar before baking."
"I make these larger and get about 100 small cookies. I use this recipe for lots of different flavors - vanilla pudding and chocolate chips, vanilla, coconut and mini chocolate chips, chocolate pudding and peanut butter chips, coconut pudding and coconut. Yhey are all really good. I just finished baking six batches of these cookies for a fundraising event."
"Tasty little things! Everybody at work loved them. An easy recipe."
"Wonderful and delicious and easy to make. Followed the recipe exactly except made them slightly larger then directed so added a minute or two on to the baking time. Made these for St. Patrick's Day yesterday and received lots of compliments..."
"Yummy! My family and friends love these cookies and one batch of the recipe makes a lot."
"I made the Blarney Stone's this past St. Patrick's Day without any alterations to the original recipe, and it was such a huge success! It didn't make as many stones as it said, but I probably made them larger than suggested. I'm using this recipe for a Christmas party and plan on using red and green dye for the holiday theme. Thanks for sharing such a yummy, fun and versatile recipe!"