To top off the meal, Connie bakes these appropriately Irish cookies. "But they taste good anytime," she says. "You can even change the food coloring to fit other holidays."—Connie Lou Blommers, Pella, Iowa
150 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 eggs
- Green food coloring, optional
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars, pudding mix and extracts
- until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Add a few drops of green coloring if desired. Combine
- flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in
- chips and nuts (batter will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for
- several hours. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 150 servings, 2 per serving. Yield: 25 dozen.