Black Walnut Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped black walnuts or walnuts, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in 1-1/4 cups walnuts. Finely chop the remaining nuts.
- Shape dough into two 15-in. rolls. Roll in chopped nuts, pressing gently. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 10 dozen.
Reviews for Black Walnut Cookies(2)
Sort By :
These are very good. I cut the sugar down to one cup. And also cut the walnuts down to 1 cup too.
My Dad gave me some Black walnuts, we normally don't care for black walnuts but made these for my Dad. They were so-o-o-o good. Then I lost the receipe again and plan to make them soon. Don't change a thing.