Black Forest Cream Cheese Cake Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Whipped topping and chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in extracts and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan; spread with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice cake; serve with pie filling. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Black Forest Cream Cheese Cake
Sort By :
I read the first review and was a little hesitant to try this cake, but my years of baking and cooking told me this had to be good. The only changes I made was I used 1 1/2 cups sour cream. The recipe I used was in a Taste of Home Book called for buttermilk or sour cream. Was out of buttermilk but I had the sour cream, and I know very well how good sour cream will make a cake. Did up the amount of salt in the chocolate cake to 1/2 tsp. Not only did this cake make a beautiful presentation but the taste was superb. Love it love it.--Golddusty