- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the vegetables, tomato sauce and pepper; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into six 8-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and rosemary. Stir in milk and butter just until moistened. Spoon dough over meat mixture; place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Biscuit-Topped Shepherd's Pies
Sort By :
This is a great go to recipe when you need something quick for dinner. The whole family loved it!
Easy and delicious! I made it with ground turkey meat and couldn't tell the difference!
We made this in an 8x8 as the notes say, and we loved it.