Bewitching Ice Cream Cones Recipe
Both young and old members of my family request these frozen treats every Halloween. It's been a fun tradition around here for many years. Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 8 chocolate sugar ice cream cones
- 1 tube chocolate decorating gel
- 8 thin round chocolate wafers (2-1/4 inch diameter)
- 1 quart pistachio, mint or ice cream of your choice
- 15 shoestring black licorice
- 16 semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 candy corn candies
- Red decorating gel
- Coat edge of ice cream cones with decorating gel; press chocolate wafer against gel to make bring of hat. Set aside.
- Drop eight scoops of ice cream onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cut licorice into strips for hair; press into ice cream. Add chocolate chips for eyes and candy corn for noses. Pipe red gel for mouths.
- Flatten scoops slightly to hold hats in place; position hats over heads. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until hats are set. Wrap each in plastic wrap after solidly frozen. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bewitching Ice Cream Cones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p235
Reviews for Bewitching Ice Cream Cones(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review