- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pureed rhubarb. Alternately layer cream mixture and strawberries into six parfait glasses. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Berry Rhubarb Fool
Sort By :
"A great dessert - something a little different and so easy to make. Got rave reviews. I used fresh rhubarb."
"We've really enjoyed this! Even people who don't normally like rhubarb would probably enjoy this. It's so quick, no baking, easy to make low carb when you use an alternative sweetener like stevia, and it's gluten-free!"
"For a more traditional fool, don't fully mix the rhubarb and whipped cream; it should be swirled through the cream so streaks of fruit show."