- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pureed rhubarb. Alternately layer cream mixture and strawberries into six parfait glasses. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Berry Rhubarb Fool
"A great dessert - something a little different and so easy to make. Got rave reviews. I used fresh rhubarb."
"For a more traditional fool, don't fully mix the rhubarb and whipped cream; it should be swirled through the cream so streaks of fruit show."