- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, celery, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add the corn, soup, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beefy Tomato Rice Skillet
Sort By :
Read thru the reviews before making it, so I did add the garlic and Italian Seasoning. Also a few drops of Tabasco sauce. Family loved it!
Very good. Just need more spices. Garlic , oregano, basil.
I'll make again, but with my modifications. As others stated that it need some spicing up, I used 2 fresh serrano peppers with the seeds. I also used another can of diced tomatoes. Was quite good and easy to put together quickly.
I added some chili powder and cumin to spice it up for my husband, but it's great as is!
So easy & yummy. We added hot sauce for a kick.