- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1 to 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup mix, soup and water; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef in Mushroom Gravy
"The steak was very tender and had great flavor, gravy was delicious over mashed potatoes!"
"this was okay. i think that fresh mushrooms would have added a wonderful fresh touch to this. but it was really qucik nd esy great for a last miite meal"
"This was delicious, inexpensive, and oh-so-easy! Everyone enjoyed the tender, flavorful beef. I'm sure you could use any cut of steak you liked, but the round steak cooked up nicely in my crockpot."
"It was really good... But I used Cubed Steak instead of round steak."
"Really good. I doubled the receipe and added a box of instant brown rice in the last 20 minutes. Loved it."
"Mmmmmm - yummy! My husband and I loved this. Great crockpot recipe! There wasan't alot of fat in the meat I bought so the "gravy" wasn't swimming in it. Delicious!"
"I was half asleep this morning. First time Mom of newborn Twins. So I added a package of brown gravy mix not realizing til I checked the recipe to see how much water I needed. So I added a little extra water with it. Made it WONDERFUL!!"
"My family liked it, but I find it a bit salty..."
"I make this all the time, but I use 2 cans Golden Mushroom soup with 1/4 cup water and cook on low 6 hours. Yumy"