- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 fudge-striped cookies
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- White decorating icing
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes. For bat wings, cut cookies in half; insert two cookie halves into each cupcake.
- Gently press chocolate kisses into frosting for heads. Add eyes with decorating icing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bat Cupcakes
"These are so adorable and so easy! A cute idea that I will make again and again. Thanks for the idea!"
"Made these for my son's 2nd grade class last year, and they were a huge hit! They were easier than I thought and absolutely worth the effort."
"Made these with my 9 year old for her birthday and they were so easy and great. Just break the cookies. We even made them with vanilla frosting and had the stripes showing with the face."
"I made 92 Bat cupcakes for our local school. They were a hit!! Bev from Mn"
"Hi,This is my recipe! I used a very sharp paring knife to cut the cookies in half. It helps to cut them from the front. A few do break but those are fun to eat! I agree, the cookie does take on moisture from the cupcake and the cookie gets soggy. If this bothers you, make them right before eating. Remember- it is a cupcake!! It doesn't have to be perfect!!! Just have fun!!! Good luck! Joyce "