I have wonderful memories of eating Bananas Foster in New Orleans, and as a dietitian, wanted to find a healthier version. I combined the best of two recipes and added my own tweaks to create this Southern treat. And with this version, it's the perfect dessert for two! —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add banana and pecans; cook for 2-3 minutes or until banana is glazed and slightly softened, stirring lightly. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bananas Foster Sundaes for 2 in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Bananas Foster Sundaes for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review