When our daughter, Robbyn, married Ronald Slavin, two boot-shaped cakes flanked their traditional cake. Ronald requested that one be his favorite— banana.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- Frosting of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil, eggs and extract. Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium for 4 minutes.
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour paper. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cake in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p53
Reviews for Banana Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review