- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 14 pancakes.
Reviews for Banana Blueberry Pancakes(18)
Sort By :
We enjoyed these a lot; I did, however, add 2 Tablespoons melted butter and I used whole milk since I used buckwheat flour instead of whole wheat. They were healthy and tasty - a winner! I'll make them again for sure. :-)
I only had self rising flour, so I used that and omitted the baking powder. And I used 2 bananas instead of 3 and it was perfect! My 5 year old daughter and my picky husband loved them. I put just a tad bit of syrup on mine and they were delicious! Saving this recipe and using again!
As is, the recipe didn't work. It was way too floury and didn't have enough liquid to mix. I added buttermilk to make the constancy more on the liquidy-but-still spongy side. With my modifications it turned out great I would make again. Maybe add a tsp. nutmeg and cinnamon.
I had fresh blueberries that we just got from the farmers market and wanted to use them. I thought to make these because they sounded so good and with all the reviews. Instead of the wheat flour that I did not have on hand I used All-Purpose flour and 1 1/2 bananas and everything else to the exact. Neither did I or my son enjoy the recipe. Wish we had because it looked and sounded so good. And syrup on them does not taste well on them. I tried the first one with everything and then the second, tried it with no blueberries. Not something I will make again. Was disappointed.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Pancakes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >