The recipe has evolved for the many years we have made it. This version has been a favorite at our Christmas dinners.—Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
- 8 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small lemon
- 1 envelope instant apples and cinnamon oatmeal
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Place the apples, banana and raisins in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, honey, butter and pie spice; pour over apple mixture. Cut ends off lemon. Cut into six wedges and remove seeds. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until apples are soft.
- Discard lemon. Mash apple mixture. In a small bowl, combine oatmeal and water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir into applesauce. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Banana Applesauce in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p85
Reviews for Banana Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review