Valerie Moore of Olathe, Kansas likes using a colorful blend of peppers to brighten her skillet specialty—and a little balsamic vinegar to flavor the tender chicken. If you prefer a stronger flavor, add a little more!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and orange peppers, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to the pan. Add vinegar; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic Chicken and Peppers in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p30
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review