- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and orange peppers, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to the pan. Add vinegar; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this and so simple to prepare.
Eliminated the salt and substituted a salt-free "mural of flavor" herb mix (Penzey's). Ended up using less oil too - very yummy, even the 4 year old loved it. Served with mashed potatoes but would be very good with orzo or roasted potatoes (perhaps with a little Parmesan)