- 2 cups shortening
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (32 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, creamer and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough water to reach desired consistency. If desired, add food coloring.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before spreading. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Bakery Frosting
Sort By :
"I love the taste of this frosting I use it on most of my cakes I had been looking for that recipe for a while never get tired of it"
"I will agree with JB PAR on this recipe. The use of powdered creamer is terrible. This screams of shortening and not smooth, creamy icing. I much prefer a sweet and creamy buttercream icing for my cake than this one. And no bakery I ever went to has icing that tastes like this recipe."
"i used this recipe and i really liked it. i would use it again and again on cakes and cookies"
"i love see this recpie"
"They look so sweet."