Bakery Frosting Recipe
- 2 cups shortening
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (32 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, creamer and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough water to reach desired consistency. If desired, add food coloring.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before spreading. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Bakery Frosting
Sort By :
"i love see this recpie"
"They look so sweet."
"As a novice cake decorator who loves to decorate cakes for my family, I love this recipe for use as a decorator frosting. I've read some of the comments about how it has a lot of shortening, well butter cream decorator frostings do contain lots of shortening. This recipe however has the advantage of the powdered creamer in it which makes the frosting creamier and smoother. The creamer adds to the flavor along with the almond flavoring. It works well in a decorator bag as well as spreading it with a knife. I love this recipe much more then to standard butter cream decorator frosting recipe."
"I don't usually write bad reviews, buttttt......this really is awful!! It doesn't resemble any bakery frosting I've ever had. No matter what flavor you add to it I feel like I have a mouth full of shortening! And powered non-dairy creamer is something I've never liked and don't know why its even added to the frosting. I wouldn't recommend this recipe."
"I will bake that and eat it, with my family."