Bridal Cake Frosting
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 10 cups shortening, divided
- 35 cups confectioners' sugar (about 10 pounds), divided
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 10 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- In a large bowl, cream 2 cups shortening. Gradually beat in 7 cups confectioners' sugar. Add 1/2 cup milk; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Repeat four times. Store in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before decorating cake.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 863 calories, 49g fat (12g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 105g carbohydrate (98g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 30, 2012
Looks good, just wondering what kind of "shortening" do you use????
Feb 25, 2011
I used this recipe to make pull-apart cupcake cakes. It has incredible flavor and is easy to frost with.