- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"I followed this recipe exactly and it was pretty awful. It tasted like mayo with a little bacon flavor thrown in. This is the first time I've made a recipe with this many good reviews that turned out so badly. Beware unless you love eating mayo straight from the jar."
"This was really good. Love the bacon. I think it would also be good if made with ranch dressing instead of the mayo mixture."
"I'm always looking for new macaroni salad recipes. My family loves pasta but not the classic mustard/mayo based mac salad. This recipe for a HUGE hit with my picky family. The flavors blend together well once you give it time to sit together."
"Delicious! Just the two of us and my husband almost ate the whole dish ! He said if he was at a party he'd fill half his plate up with this salad. Very good."
"Great salad! Sometimes I add sweet or dill pickle relish or both and some seasoning salt. Also, adding a little milk will thin out the dressing a little."