- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"Made this for 4th of July bbq. after cooking the macaroni I realized it didn't make very much so had to cook up 2 more cups. so if you're bringing this to a party make sure you double the recipe.I added cubed cheddar cheese and a few T. spoons of ranch dressing powder. We thought it was very good."
"I made this dish over the weekend for a pool party and it was a hit! The only thing I did different, was that I added a little more mayo than what the recipe called for and I added some Italian dressing to give it extra flavor. This will definitely remain in my recipe file for a delicious summertime salad. Great combination of flavors!"
"Great salad! I too added some cheddar cheese to it and I absolutely adore the addition of bacon. My husband is not a fan of macaroni salad but he love this one."
"Can't say thank you enough! I was so tired of making my standard macaroni salad and gave this one a try. It was a hit. And thanks to those that suggested Miracle Whip. Will try that this weekend!"
"I love the people here! We don't worry about carbs, fats, etc. We seem to be home cooks with a family to feed & please! Common sense suggestions to make this more flavorful, & realistic serving amounts. I really love you guys because we do home cooking, not the modern-day, always healthy stuff that our families don't enjoy! I've made this salad since it was in TOH in 2002, & it's been a favorite with our family of eight, now up to 13! I, too, add 8oz. of sharp cheddar cheese & any garden produce we have on hand. It changes a little every time I make it, & they always enjoy it!"