- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"We thought this was very good, although I don't know how it could possibly serve 12 people! With a pound of bacon, I served it as a main dish, and it served four with no seconds. We do have big appetites though. I added a little Kraft Zesty Italian right before serving because it seemed a little dry."
"I added some bacon drippings and made Miracle Whip part of the dressing along with the mayo and yet the flavor was still bland to me. I then "doctored" it up with more salt and some Cajun seasoning and only then did the salad have "presence" enough for my family's tastes. I will keep this in my Recipe Box with notes added for the above alterations."
"Make this all the time! A favorite!"
"I can't believe I forgot to rate this one. I have been making this for several years and always get rave reviews. It's definitely a family favorite. I'll sometime use real bacon bits in place of cooked bacon and it comes out just as wonderful."
"delicious! you must try this recipe. great for a grill out night"