- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"Make this all the time! A favorite!"
"I can't believe I forgot to rate this one. I have been making this for several years and always get rave reviews. It's definitely a family favorite. I'll sometime use real bacon bits in place of cooked bacon and it comes out just as wonderful."
"delicious! you must try this recipe. great for a grill out night"
"It is very easy to make and refreshing any time"
"I've made this salad at least a dozen times by now. Everyone loves it. I usually use MiracleWhip (which is lower fat than real mayo) and it tastes delicious. I also mix in about 2 T or so of the bacon grease to the salad for more bacon flavor (bacon junkies here!). Great recipe!"