- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Bacon Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"Great salad! Sometimes I add sweet or dill pickle relish or both and some seasoning salt. Also, adding a little milk will thin out the dressing a little."
"Very good. If this is the main dish, I would not say that it serves 12. More like 6. I like lots of veggies so I tripled the tomatoes and doubled the celery. Really liked it--maybe I'll triple celery next time too. For the bacon, I used scissors and cut the raw bacon into small pieces and then fried it in a large Dutch oven and stired occasionally."
"Made this for 4th of July bbq. after cooking the macaroni I realized it didn't make very much so had to cook up 2 more cups. so if you're bringing this to a party make sure you double the recipe.I added cubed cheddar cheese and a few T. spoons of ranch dressing powder. We thought it was very good."
"I made this dish over the weekend for a pool party and it was a hit! The only thing I did different, was that I added a little more mayo than what the recipe called for and I added some Italian dressing to give it extra flavor. This will definitely remain in my recipe file for a delicious summertime salad. Great combination of flavors!"
"Great salad! I too added some cheddar cheese to it and I absolutely adore the addition of bacon. My husband is not a fan of macaroni salad but he love this one."