- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Pumpkin Muffins
Sort By :
"Moist and delicious... Especially right out of the oven, but still great when cooled."
"A good flavor combination, very moist and pretty easy to make. Be generous with the apples. I wished that I had added more. I also added a few dashes of ground cloves. Smells so good!"
"These are delicious. When I was mixing them, I thought it was going to be way too dry, but it turned out not to be. These are moist and very flavorful. A few changes I made were adding 1 and a half cups of sugar rather than 2, it seemed like too much but sprinkled the tops with sugar in the raw. I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour, and couldn't find any nutmeg in my cupboard so I used pumpkin pie spice."
"Delicious....and leaves the house smelling yummy too! Will make again FOR SURE"