- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Pumpkin Muffins(26)
Sort By :
These are great!! I baked them in x-large muffin pans and a mini muffin pan.
moist and delicious!
I just made a batch - smlled wonderful and tasted just as good.
I modified the recipe a teeny bit, mde half because I only wanted to end up with dozen. I still used 2 eggs. I also added a couple tbl of crushed walnuts to the streusel topping.
Oh, also, I used canned organic sweet potato instead of pumpkin, which may have made the difference. Pumpkin can be a little bland I think, but sweet potatoes are more flavorful naturally.
These are super easy and really delish. I reduced the sugar by about a half cup, and used half dark brown/half white. I sprinkled turbinado on top. Personally definitely would not double the spices as some have suggested. Most importantly though, DO NOT COOK FOR 30-35 MINUTES. Knowing muffins never take that long, I started watching them at about 20 and they were done between 20-25 mins.