- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
Sort By :
"such a awesome cookie!! it smells and feels like fall when there baking!!"
"Such a yummy, easy, soft cookie"
"Easy to make and very tasty. Made per the recipe but doubled the grated apple. They came out moist and soft."
"These were really easy and I liked the addition of the grated apple in them that gave it a unique flavor."
"I'd double the number of stars if I could, these cookies are THAT delicious! Apples with peanut butter has been one of my favorite foods since I was a kid. So, had to make these cookies ASAP! When putting them on the pans, I flattened half of them with a fork dipped in sugar like old-fashioned peanut butter cookies. Followed the directions for the other half. Our family is divided on which they prefer. Personally, I liked the "dropped" version a little more because of the crispy-soft contrast. Also thought the apple flavor came out a little more in that version. Definite keeper!"