Apple Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Peanut Butter Cookies(53)
Sort By :
The flavors of peanut butter and apples are delicious and they came out soft and chewy and a big hit. They did not last long. I will be definitely making them again.
These cookies came out terrible. Cookie-Cake consistency is what I ended up with. Flavor profile was lacking considerably. I would not recommend or make these again.
I will keep this in my recipe box. What I like is that I always have items on hand and can make them at a moments notice. I will make them again. Stuck to the recipe but next time I will use more apple also a light icing. I think it would give them just that little something.
These were delicious, all of the favors combined well without any being overpowering. I used a whole Granny Smith apple and cubed it instead of grating it. I also used smooth peanut butter instead of chunky. The cookies are very soft and chewy in the inside!
Great cookies! I love the peanut butter. I diced the apples instead of grating them. These are a great way to sneak some fruit into your kids. I will definitely make them again.
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >