- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
"Used butter instead of shortening. Diced the apples and doubled the amount. Thought the cookie was too sweet and not enough apple flavor so I made a glaze with an apple cider reduction (high quality because the flavor will be concentrated).Excellent! Balanced the sweetness, added more apple flavor and texture."
"I wouldn't make these again and actually threw out the dough that I had frozen. The flavor was ok but the cake consistency was terrible. Perhaps if they were made with butter instead of shortening they might be better."
"delicious and different"
"Very good,soft cookie!"
"Such a yummy, easy, soft cookie"
"Easy to make and very tasty. Made per the recipe but doubled the grated apple. They came out moist and soft."
"These were really easy and I liked the addition of the grated apple in them that gave it a unique flavor."
"I'd double the number of stars if I could, these cookies are THAT delicious! Apples with peanut butter has been one of my favorite foods since I was a kid. So, had to make these cookies ASAP! When putting them on the pans, I flattened half of them with a fork dipped in sugar like old-fashioned peanut butter cookies. Followed the directions for the other half. Our family is divided on which they prefer. Personally, I liked the "dropped" version a little more because of the crispy-soft contrast. Also thought the apple flavor came out a little more in that version. Definite keeper!"