Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
I made these cookies for the first time, and didn't change a thing. Everyone raved about them. They melt in your mouth and unlike a lot of other cookies, aren't too sweet. Thanks for a great recipe!
Such a GREAT cookie!! I loved the melt in your mouth taste- it was just so heavenly!
so light and delicate
Very tasty cookies that were easy to make. I have made these a few times and sometimes change the recipe a bit. Using almond extract instead of vanilla really gives it a nice flavor and I like the idea of cinnamon that was suggested and will give that a try as well. This is a recipe worth keeping.
These are AWESOME! I added peppermint extract and cinnamon. They tasted great and were easy to make!