Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Amish Sugar Cookies(28)
Sort By :
I don't like sugar cookies - at all - except for these! Mmmmmm!
Excellent cookies. Great to serve with tea
I have used this recipe for years in my cookie gun. Simply mix as directed and chill for at least 2 hours. They make beautiful cookies. The dough tints easily. You may also enjoy making them as a sandwich cookie with nutella for filling.
I have made these cookies for YEARS, They are the best sugar cookies on the planet. Tender, buttery, melt in your mouth. If you want cut out cookies, this is not the recipe, but for quick, pure tickle the tastebuds, this is it!