- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
"This sounds wonderful. Does anyone know if it can be put together and then frozen for later use?"
"I have made this several times, and it is so good. I took it to an Easter brunch we had at church, and there wasn't even a crumb left! I got asked for the recipe a lot.I agree with andreasmom2u, Mary needs to make the recipe before commenting."
"Mary, did you even make this?! It sounds like you didn't based on your comment. If that's the case, you have no right reviewing it. This is a wonderful breakfast treat. Please keep your negativity and baseless commentary to yourself."
"This sounds good but way too many fat calories from the cheese."
"This was great! I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Yummy, everyone except my daughter enjoyed it, but she hates almost everything."
"Made with sausage instead of bacon. Did not thaw hash browns and made the night before. Refrigerated overnight. Very good!"
"Would like to cook in crockpot. Any idea how long to cook ?"
"Everybody loves this recipe! I don't thaw the hash browns if making the night before. I just mix as instructed and put in the refrigerator. Since everything is cold I add 10 more minutes to baking time."