- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"With this many positive reviews (and yayyy, I'm 200!), I felt like this was a no-brainer to try. It was delicious....easy to throw together, hearty and simple to tweak. I am having a bunch of summer guests staying with us, and I plan to make this a staple breakfast dish. THANK YOU for sharing!"
"I made this for a family brunch and everyone loved it!"
"This recipe is a keeper the newest addition to my recipe file. Today is the first time I had tried this casserole; our cousin was dropping off some papers when she got to the door & she wanted to know what smelled so good. I invited her to come on in & eat; she said my husband & brother are with me; I said there is plenty tell them to come in too...Makes alot!!! Recipe is not dry; moist & is the perfect breakfast or lunch!!!"
"Absolutely delicious! As others did, I added some chopped red and green bell pepper. This addition added some extra flavor and color. This is a great brunch recipe."
"Used both sausage and bacon. Delicious."