Amish Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"Really great! Made a few substitutions due to what I had on hand. Used both bacon and crumbled sausage, frozen diced onion and peppers, and Monterey Jack for the swiss cheese. Omitted the cottage cheese, not my favorite and a few dashes of hot sauce. Will be my go to casserole for any meal or that special breakfast/brunch. Thank you!"
"Great casserole & loved every bit of it. For the one/s who said this was tasteless, maybe you don't know how to cook, so you should start taking cooking class 101!!!"
"The whole family loves this casserole. Nice for when you have a houseful for breakfast. Very easy to make and I like the fact you don't have to let it sit overnight. I've made it with bacon several times now. Next time, may try with sausage."
"I made this breakfast casserole for a staff breakfast at work. It was super easy to make. I prepped the bacon and onions the night before and then threw the rest together and baked it in the morning before work. Everybody loved it and a few people asked for the recipe. It literally disappeared within a few minutes. No leftovers!"