- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"Have made this numerous times in my home and everyone loves it. I fry up country sausage and onion, make the bacon in the microwave so it's not so greasy, and I place the sausage and onion mixture at the bottom of the pan and add the rest on top. To die for!"
"Finally, a recipe that doesn't have a lot of hot spices added to it. I go to an Amish town in Missouri and enjoy food that has natural seasoning and taste without all the spices."
"Used bacon, ham, and SW hash browns. Fabulous."
"With this many positive reviews (and yayyy, I'm 200!), I felt like this was a no-brainer to try. It was delicious....easy to throw together, hearty and simple to tweak. I am having a bunch of summer guests staying with us, and I plan to make this a staple breakfast dish. THANK YOU for sharing!"
"I made this for a family brunch and everyone loved it!"