Amish Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole(106)
Sort By :
Really yummy, especially with breakfast sausage. I was worried there wouldn't be enough flavor but there totally was! I sprinkled pepper in it and used mozzarella instead of Swiss cheese just because I'm not the biggest fan of Swiss cheese. This would also be a really easy recipe to halve!
Yummy and easy. It was the perfect size to feed a large group. This will be served at our home!!
This is a wonderful breakfast casserole. I make this up in several small pans and then send one to our daughter in college. She loves it, even rewarmed.
This is the best breakfast casserole I've ever made or eaten. I take it to our monthly birthday parties at work and get lots of raves and asking for the recipe. I use sausage and add more eggs than what it calls for.
this was the best b'fast casserole we have had, very good! I added pepper and also some hot sauce to it, awesome! :D
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >