- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"This recipe is a keeper the newest addition to my recipe file. Today is the first time I had tried this casserole; our cousin was dropping off some papers when she got to the door & she wanted to know what smelled so good. I invited her to come on in & eat; she said my husband & brother are with me; I said there is plenty tell them to come in too...Makes alot!!! Recipe is not dry; moist & is the perfect breakfast or lunch!!!"
"Absolutely delicious! As others did, I added some chopped red and green bell pepper. This addition added some extra flavor and color. This is a great brunch recipe."
"Used both sausage and bacon. Delicious."
"I made this casserole for supper per the recipe & it was wonderful. If you love bacon and hash browns this is the meal. I did end up baking it for about 55 minutes since I felt like it might not be done in the middle (knife wasn't coming out clean). Served with mixed fruit and bagels. Will definitely be making again."
"I only used half the onion and added other veggies - mushrooms, tomato, green pepper, etc. (drain excess water after cooking). I also sprinkled with pepper as well. Everyone loved it!"