Amish Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"OK Easy to make. Not a strong flavor. Bacon was a nice change from sausage but maybe could use some vegetable ."
"Made exactly as written. This was amazing!"
"Really good! Didnt add cottage cheese for personal preferences and turn out amazing. made for 7 and had no leftovers!"
"I made this this morning but halved the recipe since I didn't have the exact ingredients. I browned the onions,bacon, and added red and green peppers. I used 6oz of leftover Sour Cream and Onion Dip (the one in the container. I didn't have cottage cheese) and added a little extra cheddar cheese to sub for not having the Swiss. It came out excellent!! Very flavorful using the dip mix. It was even better baking it in my cast iron pan- nicely browned on the bottom. This will be in our breakfast rotation!"
"This is a Christmas brunch dish which is always on my menu...delicious! It is super simple to assemble the night before and just pop in the oven to bake on Christmas morning. My six sons and their Dad all love it!"