- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole
"Really great breakfast dish! I like to add green chilies along with some salt and pepper."
"Added green chilis and chopped red pepper. It turned out really good!"
"I enjoyed this casserole and served it for Easter breakfast at my house. We really liked the combination of the cheddar and Swiss cheeses. I did add some seasoned salt and pepper to taste, as I thought it needed some seasoning."
"I followed this recipe exactly and would never made this dish again. Everyone who tried it thought it was missing something and I agreed. Maybe green peppers or ground mustard?"
"The best ever! I add bacon and sausage this morning with onion and peppers. I used Jalepeno cheese and cheddar! Very moist too. A must try if you haven't!"