Amish Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Amish Breakfast Casserole(109)
Sort By :
Easy and delicious... great if you're feeding many! For two, we had leftovers for a few days (and didn't get sick of it!)
I make this every Easter and every bit of it goes. So good! I prep it the night before and toss it in a pan on Easter morning, couldn't be easier. I use sausage sometimes to switch it up.
This was good and a nice change but I felt it needed a bit more flavor for my tastes. I liked that it used potatoes instread of bread. I did add ground pepper but felt it still needed something else. I will try it again but next time will try some of the other suggestions like pepper jack cheese instead of swisss and/or southwest potatoes instead of plain potatoes and/or the addition of sautéed peppers and garlic. This is just a personal preference for something with a little more "kick".
Really yummy, especially with breakfast sausage. I was worried there wouldn't be enough flavor but there totally was! I sprinkled pepper in it and used mozzarella instead of Swiss cheese just because I'm not the biggest fan of Swiss cheese. This would also be a really easy recipe to halve!
Yummy and easy. It was the perfect size to feed a large group. This will be served at our home!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >