For a quick way to enjoy an old favorite, stir up Jan Roat's stuffed green pepper makings in a skillet. "This easy one-pan meal is requested so often I even make it when I'm not in a hurry," notes the active Red Lodge, Montana cook.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in beef; return to the heat and cook until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Almost Stuffed Peppers in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p63
Reviews for Almost Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review