Almost Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in beef; return to the heat and cook until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Almost Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
Quick, easy and really good. I did add about a Tbsp of minced garlic and we melted mozzarella on top before serving just like we do with real stuffed peppers. This will definitely become a regular go to quick meal.
Very easy and very tasty. Good with turkey sausage instead of ground beef, also.
it was good. But it seemed to be missing something.
This is a fabulous way to get all of the flavor of stuffed peppers without all of the time and effort. I like to use leftover rice and reduce the liquid and cooking time for an even faster result.
Definately a Keeper! First time around found it to be a bit bland - Added some Steak Seasoning & fresh garlic to veggie's - mmmmm
This one somehow finds itself repeating itself in our household too :)