- 12 circus peanut candies
- 14 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (14 ounces) green Wilton candy melts
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 24 semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Cut a slit in each circus peanut, forming a mouth. Using two lollipop sticks, prop mouths open. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy melts; stir until smooth. Twist apart cookies. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted coating and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, dip a circus peanut in coating and allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining circus peanuts; let stand until set.
- Reheat candy melts if necessary; dip a cookie pop in coating and allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand. While wet, position a coated circus peanut on the cookie for a head. Repeat.
- For eyes, attach a miniature chocolate chip to each chocolate chip using melted white chips. Attach to head using melted chocolate. Using remaining melted chocolate, pipe nostrils onto faces; pipe teeth with melted white chips. Let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Alligator Cookie Pops in Kids Party Food/Good Food for Kids 2012 2012, p93
Reviews for Alligator Cookie Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review