- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/4 cups caramel bits
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave butter on high until melted. Add chocolate chips and milk; microwave until chips are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Stir in pecans and caramel bits.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are set, 7-9 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, microwave chocolate chips and shortening on high until melted. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forTurtle Cookies
"I made these cookies for my co-workers and had lots of compliments and requests for the recipe. They are super fudgy and easy to make. I made some adjustments, choosing to use the stove top to melt the chocolate and mix the dough. Be sure to take the cookies out on time--they will not appear to be cooked, but will firm up after cooling. I also added a white chocolate drizzle to mine, which looked pretty."