Turf ‘n’ Surf with Pesto Sauce Pasta
Three ingredients are all you need to whip up this speedy dessert from Vicki Vermillion of Carrollton, Texas. You can vary the recipe by using other fruit flavors.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 beef tenderloin steak (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice and zest; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, basil, green onions, broth and remaining oil. Cover and process until blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with pesto sauce. Divide between two plates. Serve with beef and shrimp. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.