Sweet ‘n’ Salty Party Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
Makesabout 10 quarts
- 1 package (12 ounces) Corn Chex
- 1 package (10 ounces) Cheerios
- 1 package (10 ounces) Honeycomb cereal
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 275°. In a very large bowl, combine cereals and pretzels. In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a large roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 hours or until cereal is crisp, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 227 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2018
I made this sweet and salty snack mix to use up some bits and pieces in my pantry. I had honey nut cheerios and no honeycomb cereal so for that amount I added mixed nuts and some craisins. It is delicious! I will make it again !
Sep 13, 2015
this is perfect as is, but also forgiving of a few tweaks- I make this often, and usually double the batch.
Feb 19, 2015
I Just made this by cutting the recipe in half because it was way to much for my family. It turned out awful. It is way to sweet. I am very disappointed. Looks like I'll be feeding the birds.
Dec 8, 2014
Love this different twist on an old classic.
Dec 18, 2013
Tastes great and yes it is addicting!
Dec 17, 2012
I just didn't care for this. Too sweet I think for me. I took it on a summer vacation hoping everyone would love it, but I ended up being stuck with most of it when I got home.
Nov 20, 2012
I have made this for weddings, receptions, Christmas gifts- it's a winner. Sometimes I add about 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper to ad a mild zip. Sometimes I add in craisens and crispy baked peas for crunch and Christmas colors. I have been asked for this recipe each time I serve it
Oct 3, 2012
Absolutely addicting!! One of our all-time favorites!!!
Nov 4, 2010
I made this, we loved it, would like to find this copy of country woman
Jan 17, 2010
This is such a beautiful treat for a party, it gets made often in our house. We tend to triple the recipe, as it has a habit of vanishing way too fast. It's a keeper, for sure.