Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-in. pan size)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- Prepare the brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Frost the cooled brownies. Loosely cover and chill for 1 hour or until frosting is set.
- With a sharp knife, make lengthwise cuts 1-1/2-in. parallel cuts from a short side to a long side to form diamonds. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips at 50% power; stir until smooth. Place in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe laces on brownies.
Sep 26, 2014
These were a huge hit at our tailgate. Delicious frosting!
Sep 14, 2010
My 11 year old made this for a potluck. It was easy for her to follow. She was so proud to show off her creation at the party. The brownies were the first to disappear at this party. This dessert goes best with LOTS of milk.
Aug 12, 2009
Looks awesome!! Going to try it !!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.