Sweet Tea Boysenberry Shandy
I love an ice-cold beer on a hot summer day. I also love sweet tea, so one day I got the great idea to mix the two. Wow! It was absolutely delish. I experimented with different flavorings, and this combination was my favorite. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup boysenberry syrup
- 4 cups cold water
- 3 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or white ale, chilled
- 1 medium orange, sliced, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; remove from heat. Add tea bags; steep, covered, 3-5 minutes, according to taste. Discard tea bags. Stir in sugar and syrup until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Transfer to a 3-qt. pitcher; refrigerate until cold.
- Stir beer into tea mixture; serve immediately. If desired, top with orange slices.